Just a few things to ponder this week in lieu of a normal discussion post (these will be our October subjects of discussion, starting next week):
– Do you prefer stories told from the hero or villain perspective? Or both?
– Are you a fan of first person narratives (I did something, etc), third person (she did something) or omniscent (as the girl did something, the boy watched, waiting)? Do you know why?
– When you read, do you talk about what you’re reading with friends? Why or why not?
– Do you use a bookmark? Dog-ear pages? Lay the book face down and open to keep your place?
– Do you like holiday stories? For all holidays, or just some?
Wanna write? Pick a prompt!
Prose Writing Prompt of the Week: What would happen if a young teen followed a stray dog who was acting funny to a hidden space behind some rocks near a river?
Poetry Prompt of the Week: Write a poem as if you’d been trapped in an underground bunker for six months after an apocalyptic-type of event.